Challenging Contra Dance Series
~ for experienced dancers ~
First Fridays at the Concord Scout House
74 Walden St., Concord, MA
Time: 8-11 PM
Admission: $10 (under 21, $8)
Dance tonight (3/2/18) has been cancelled
- Sep -- no challenging dance -- consider supporting the Scout House Fundraiser special alternative music dance on Saturday, Sep 9
- Oct 6 Nils Fredland and Elixir (Ethan Hazzard-Watkins, Anna Patton, Jesse Readlynn and Owen Morrison)
- Nov 3 Steve Zakon-Anderson with Emily Troll, Anna Patton and Jonathan Cannon
- Dec 1 Lisa Greenleaf with Ed Howe, Cedar Stanistreet, Eric McDonald and Neil Pearlman
- Jan 5 George Marshall and Wild Asparagus (Becky Tracy, David Cantieni, Ann Percival and Mark Murphy)
- Feb 2 Will Mentor with Dave Langford, Max Newman and Corey DiMario
- Mar 2 *** Cancelled *** Steve Zakon-Anderson with Eloise and Co (Becky Tracy, Rachel Bell and Andrew VanNorstrand)
- Apr 6 Bob Isaacs and The Latter Day Lizards (Dave Langford, Bill Tomczak, Kate Barnes and Stuart Kenney)
- May 4 Sue Rosen and The Moving Violations (Van Kaynor, Ron Grosslein and Eric Eid-Reiner)
More info: 978-779-6077 or laleaf "at" yahoo "dot" com
Sponsored by the Challenging Contradance Series
What does challenging mean?
- You know how to do more than just the basic moves with confidence (Contra Corners, Roll Aways, Cross Trail Thru, Pass the Ocean, etc).
- You know where to be at the start of each dance phrase and how to recover from a lapse.
- You can dance and enjoy no walk through dances.
- You assist your partner and neighbor to the next move—and you have a friendly attitude about it.
- You execute flourishes safely and on time without disturbing others.
** It's not how long you've been dancing, it's how well you can adapt to challenging and unusual choreography**
Cancellation Policy for First Friday Challenging Dance
If there is a concern, we hope to have a final decision by
4PM. We will automatically cancel the dance if the
town of Concord
bans parking on the streets and in the municipal parking lot.
When in doubt, call 978-779-6077 or check this website.
Free counters provided by Andale.