Challenging Contra Dance Series
~ for experienced dancers ~
(Mostly) First Fridays (except for September 2016) at the Concord Scout House
74 Walden St., Concord, MA
Time: 8-11 PM
Admission: $10 (under 21, $8)
- Sep 9 —2nd Friday— Nils Fredland and The Figments
(Ethan Hazzard-Watkins, Anna Patton and Owen Morrison)
- Oct 7 Lisa Greenleaf and JEMS
(Jamie Oshima, Ed Howe, Matt Kenney and Stuart Kenney)
- Nov 4 Bob Isaacs with Rachel Bell, Julie Vallimont and Julia Plumb
(Tonight is the fabulous Concord Cuisine Raffle! Prizes awarded at the dance.)
- Dec 2 George Marshall and Wild Asparagus
(Becky Tracy, David Cantieni, Ann Percival and Corey DiMario)
- Jan 6 Steve Zakon-Anderson and Nova
(Kathleen Fownes, Guillame Sparrow-Pepin and Everest Witman)
- Feb 3 Will Mentor and Nor'easter
(Cedar Stanistreet, Max Newman and Julie Vallimont)
- Mar 3 Lisa and Owen Sound
(Owen Morrison, Dave Langford and Corey DiMario)
- Apr 7 CANCELLED: Hollywood is taking over the Scout House for 2 weeks to film at the church next door.
- May 5 Steve Zakon-Anderson and The Moving Violations
(Van Kaynor, Ron Grosslein and Eric Eid-Reiner)
More info: 978-779-6077 or laleaf "at" yahoo "dot" com
Sponsored by the Challenging Contradance Series
What does challenging mean?
- You know how to do more than just the basic moves with confidence (Contra Corners, Roll Aways, Cross Trail Thru, Pass the Ocean, etc).
- You know where to be at the start of each dance phrase and how to recover from a lapse.
- You can dance and enjoy no walk through dances.
- You assist your partner and neighbor to the next move—and you have a friendly attitude about it.
- You execute flourishes safely and on time without disturbing others.
** It's not how long you've been dancing, it's how well you can adapt to challenging and unusual choreography**
Cancellation Policy for First Friday Challenging Dance
If there is a concern, we hope to have a final decision by
4PM. We will automatically cancel the dance if the
town of Concord
bans parking on the streets and in the municipal parking lot.
When in doubt, call 978-779-6077 or check this website.
Free counters provided by Andale.