Challenging Contra Dance Series
~ for experienced dancers ~
(Mostly) First Fridays (except for September 2015) at the Concord Scout House
74 Walden St., Concord, MA
Time: 8-11 PM
Admission: $10 (under 21, $8)
(once it is updated for 2015, you may subscribe to this calendar
- Sep 11 —2nd Friday— Sue Rosen and Barefoot (Ed Howe, Jaime Oshima)
- Oct 2 George Marshall and Wild Asparagus
- Nov 6 Nils Fredland and Elixir
- Dec 4 Lisa Greenleaf and Nor'easter
- Jan 1 Bob Isaacs and Nova (Kathleen Fownes, Guillame Sparrow, Rubin and Everest Witman)
- Feb 5 Will Mentor and Triple A (Andrew VanNortstand, Audrey Knuth and Amy Englesberg)
- Mar 4 Nils Fredland with Owen Sound (Owen Morrison, Dave Langford and Corey DiMario)
- Apr 1 Steve Zakon-Anderson and Rip Tide (Glen Loper, Alden Robinson and Owen Marshall)
- May 6 Lisa Greenleaf with Ethan Hazzard-Watkins, Jeremiah McLane and Owen Morrison
More info: 978-779-6077 or laleaf "at" yahoo "dot" com
Sponsored by the Challenging Contradance Series
What does challenging mean?
- You know how to do more than just the basic moves with confidence (Contra Corners, Roll Aways, Cross Trail Thru, Pass the Ocean, etc).
- You know where to be at the start of each dance phrase and how to recover from a lapse.
- You can dance and enjoy no walk through dances.
- You assist your partner and neighbor to the next move—and you have a friendly attitude about it.
- You execute flourishes safely and on time without disturbing others.
** It's not how long you've been dancing, it's how well you can adapt to challenging and unusual choreography**
Cancellation Policy for First Friday Challenging Dance
If there is a concern, we hope to have a final decision by
4PM. We will automatically cancel the dance if the
town of Concord
bans parking on the streets and in the municipal parking lot.
When in doubt, call 978-779-6077 or check this website.
Free counters provided by Andale.